Employment Law & Litigation
As your business grows, the legal aspects of employee relations become increasingly complex. The employment lawyers of Neider & Boucher, S.C. can assist you in managing all aspects of the employment relationship.
Regulatory Compliance and Human Resource Employment Issues. Focusing primarily on pro-active counseling and practical solutions for business owners and HR Departments, we provide:
- Day-to-day advice on personnel practices, such as hiring, performance management, policy and leave administration, investigations, discipline, and discharge.
- Guidance on complying with the complex maze of state and federal laws that govern the employment relationship, such as wage and hour laws, civil rights laws, family and medical leave laws, disability laws, ACA, OSHA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, immigration laws, unemployment insurance, and worker’s compensation.
- Education and training on a wide variety of compliance issues, including EEO issues, harassment, privacy, FMLA and ADA compliance, wage and hour issues, and contract issues.
- Assistance with HR policy and employment document development and review, including industry best practices employment policies and manuals ranging from Pandemic Safety Policies and Procedures, remote work policies, tuition reimbursement incentives, and birthing recovery paid time off, to more traditional employment agreements, noncompetition and confidentiality agreements, severance agreements, as well as such other forms and documents that meet our clients’ needs.
- Guidance and assistance with the complex human resources issues relating to purchasing or selling a business, such as conducting due diligence.
- Assistance in managing layoffs, plant closings, and reductions in force, including advising on business bankruptcy, federal and state WRN Act compliance and employee issues.
- Providing businesses with proactive, dynamic, and strategic guidance regarding employee benefits and equity sharing arrangements, with services including but not limited to constructing and administering health and welfare benefit plans, deferred compensation arrangements, phantom stock plans, and traditional stock options and equity awards. We understand the need to properly reward and incent today’s work force, and we can help you successfully navigate the regulatory issues that surround each type of plan.
Dispute Resolution and Litigation. In our role as counsel to business clients, the primary focus of Neider & Boucher, S.C. is to provide clients with practical, proactive solutions to help make good decisions to avoid disputes and unnecessary litigation. When employment disputes do arise, we are prepared to represent our clients’ interests in resolving those disputes quickly, efficiently, and effectively. We frequently assist clients in investigating and responding to allegations of discrimination and harassment, retaliation, wage claims, OSHA claims, unemployment insurance claims, and worker’s compensation issues.
When it becomes necessary, we are prepared to represent your business before administrative agencies and court. We are also experienced in negotiating and litigating issues arising from employment and severance agreements, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, trade secret agreements, and employment torts. In some cases, alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation and arbitration, may be in your best interests. In all cases, we provide practical advice and solutions, negotiating skills, and litigation expertise, as may be necessary, to reach early resolution or to provide vigorous representation.
Please contact one of our Employment Law Attorneys for more information on our services.