Phone Number: 608-441-7275
Email Address: email@example.com
Dave brings more than 25 years of practical business and management experience to his law practice. Prior to earning his law degree, he worked as a management consultant and started and owned several businesses. He now represents a wide range of clients in business transactions, strategic planning, entity formation, succession planning, estate planning, business acquisitions and sales, real estate, and civil and business litigation. It is obvious that Dave genuinely enjoys getting to know his clients and he takes pleasure in working closely with them to accomplish their goals. He has an exceptional ability to reduce even the most complex matters to simple terms, making it easier for his clients to navigate difficult or stressful situations.
PLACE OF BIRTH:
J.D., cum laude, 2005, University of Wisconsin – Madison
M.B.A. 1989, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
B.B.A. 1982, University of Wisconsin – Madison
– 2013 Board of Directors of Dean Foundation
– Awarded the Citizen Recognition Award in May 2012 from the Madison Police Department for help apprehending a thief on State Street.
– Member of the 2011 ad hoc design committee for the renovation of the UW Memorial Union.
– Pro bono legal work for Badger Childhood Cancer Network and other non-profit groups.
– Past Commodore and board member of Mendota Yacht Club.
An avid sailor, Dave continues to compete in local, national and international sailing events. He plays the piano for fun and plays trumpet in the University of Wisconsin Alumni Band.
Dave, his wife Lori and daughters Samantha and Marisa make their home in Madison.
Dave comes from an entrepreneurial family. His dad, Sam Gorwitz, invented the original Pooper Scooper.
(Inspired by the lyric from a Jimmy Buffett song written by Mac McAnally)
It’s my job to be cleaning up this mess
And that’s enough reason to go for me.
It’s my job to be better than the rest
And that makes the day for me.