In an increasingly technology-based economy, intellectual property plays a significant role in business activities and planning. Patents, copyrights and other intellectual property represent, for many technology-based companies, a significant proportion of their value. Protection of proprietary technology is crucial in enabling companies to exploit the value established by innovative research and development. The protection of the goodwill and reputation among customers embodied in trademarks is a necessity for both start-up and established businesses.
At Neider & Boucher, S.C., we are experienced in a wide range of intellectual property matters. Our lawyers routinely advise and assist our clients in the biotechnology, computer, electronics, information technology, pharmaceuticals, material sciences and other industry areas.
We can provide you with solutions in many areas, including:
- Trademark, service mark, trade name and copyright searches and evaluations.
- Advice on trademark, service mark, trade and corporate name selection, and registering and protecting marks and names.
- Copyright registration and protection.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating franchise, dealership and distribution agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the protection, licensing, use and assignment of intellectual property rights.
- Protecting trade secrets and other proprietary business information.
- Resolving infringement and other intellectual property disputes through litigation, as well as alternative dispute resolution.